WRITING A RELIGIOUS VISITATION PAPER:
Religious visit paper:
Write a 1200-1500 word paper in MLA format. Your heading should include (this can be done as a title page, but will not count toward page total):
– your name and course number
– the name of the place of worship (complete address)
– the date and time of the visit
– the name of the speaker and/or speakers
In your presentation, include a detailed description of the place visited
– paintings and/or other art
– music if any, the “atmosphere”
– historical references made, like where did the group originate?
– give demographics, if any (i.e., is this group predominantly Asian?)
In your reflection of the speaker and the visit, DESCRIBE EACH OF THESE:
– Describe the important points the speaker wished to make.
– Point out one or two things that struck you about what was said. Did you agree with it, or not?
– How did what the speaker said challenge you?
– Could you see yourself affirming or even being part of this faith community? Why or why not?
– How have your views changed, or been affirmed, about this religion since this visit?
You may use outside sources to help make a point, but this is discouraged. This is a REFLECTION paper of this particular visit. If using sources, make sure you cite your sources INSIDE the paper and give a Works Cited page in MLA format at the end.
Category: Religion / Theology