- Weekly Writing Assignments are due on Sunday by 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Write a 250-word (minimum) response to each writing prompt below. You must meet the minimum word count for each response to get full credit.
- Use only the assigned readings unless otherwise instructed.
- Your responses must include quotes from each text used to get full credit. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format. For assistance with APA citations, review the “APA Format” link (go to “Start Here” and then “Course Resources”).
- Put all writing assignments in ONE Microsoft Word document, and identify your work by using your last name in the file name (example: LastnameWeek1.docx). Upload it by clicking on the “W3 Writing Assignments” link below and upload the file as an attachment.
***Submissions that are not in accepted file formats or cut and pasted into the comments section of the submission area will not be accepted. Please check to be sure your file has uploaded correctly. It is your responsibility to verify that you submitted the assignment successfully. Do not wait until you see a zero in the gradebook!
Choose a different author from the list below for each question. Use each author only once.
A. F. Scott Fitzgerald (“Babylon Revisited”) B. Willa Cather (“Neighbor Rosicky”)
1. How would you describe the protagonist in the work of your first author? Clearly identify three of the protagonist’s most important characteristics and supply examples that support your idea.
2. Using the definitions from the course lectures, discuss how the idea of naturalism or modernism is depicted in your author’s work. For naturalism, you will be looking for ways that the characters are portrayed as victims of their society or economy. For modernism, you will be looking for ways the text challenges traditional ideas and/or portrays the failure of the American Dream. Give examples of the particular period you find in the story or poems
NO PLAGERISM it will result in a low rating!!
THE ONLY MATERIAL ALLOWED FOR RESEARCH IS FROM THE BOOK. if you cant find axcess to the readings online message me and i can provide pics of the readings needed.
THE BOOK ALLOWED IS:
N. Baym, W. Franklin, P. Gura, J. Klinkowitz, A. Krupat, R. Levine, . . . P. Wallace (Eds.) The Norton anthology of American literature (shorter 8th ed.). New York, NY: W. W. Norton. ISBN: 9780393918854