The most difficult work of clinical psychologists is to be able to maintain focus on case conceptualization and treatment planning. As Teyber and Teyber (2017) explain, “Having a case conceptualization to guide treatment can prevent therapists from getting ‘lost’ in the different stories the client brings in each week” (p. 7). As a clinical psychologist, you will experience the uncertainty of how to begin your practice; however, with time, experience, and preparation, you will be able to master the art and science of therapy. This Final Project will help you to become more adept in recognizing the skills you will need to become a more effective clinical psychologist.
For this Final Project you will examine a therapy session. As you examine, analyze the various techniques used as they relate to the Interpersonal Psychotherapy approach to treatment.
To prepare for this Final Project Assignment:
- Review the Final Project Rubric to guide your understanding of the expectations of the Final Project.
- Review Chapter 5, specifically pages 143-159 of the Teyber and Teyber course text found in this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the case of Jennie, a first-year practicum student, and her client, Sue. (Note: Also, feel free to use any Learning Resources from this course that might inform your Final Project Assignment.)
- As you review this case study, consider the various techniques used throughout the therapy session. Think about the appropriateness of the technique used as it relates to Interpersonal Psychotherapy. Also, consider any implications for social change that may be related to the client’s treatment.
To complete this Final Project Assignment:
Based on your review of the case of Jennie, a first-year practicum student, and her client, Sue, write a 3- to 5-page paper (not including title page and reference page) and include the following:
- Identify and explain the Interpersonal Psychotherapy techniques used throughout the therapy session.
- Explain whether each of the techniques used were appropriate for this Interpersonal Psychotherapy session. Why, or why not? Justify your explanation. Note: Be sure to include any implications for social change that may be related to the client’s treatment.
- Explain what other techniques might have been more appropriate in this instance. Justify your explanation.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post case study final project appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.