Using Minitab to Test Data Sets
This week’s chapter readings included discrete probability distributions, which included a section on binominal distributions. Now you will apply this learning by testing a hypothesis based on your research topic using binominal distribution. In this assignment you will use Minitab software to compare 2012 National Crime Victimization (NCVS) data and 2013 National Crime Victimization (NCVS) data on violent crime.
Project Resources: (Access by clicking the graphic below for resources)
- Step-by-step Instructions
- Data Set from the Bureau of Justice Statistics
In Week 2, you learned how to make graphs. For this assignment you will continue to apply this learning to create graphs to support your work. You are encouraged to try different types of graphs and show all your work. On the basis of your comparison of 2012 and 2013 NCVS data, use what you have learned to enter data in Minitab software to:
- Incorporate NCVS crime data and test a hypothesis based on your research topic on a binomial distribution as described in this week’s chapter readings. For example, you could test the hypothesis that being male and less than 25 years of age increases the likelihood of being the victim of a homicide.
- Use the NCVS data to build a table in Minitab including standard demographic variables comparing victimization rates by age and gender between the two years.
- Use the data in your Minitab table to select a graph and prepare a chart to support your hypothesis. Present your Minitab spreadsheet as a table in a Microsoft Word document.
- Based on your readings analyze your findings for male and female victims creating charts from the data in your table to support your findings
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post criminal justice project appeared first on Top Premier Essays.