David Jones, the new administrator for a surgical clinic, was trying to determine how to allocate his indirect expenses.
His staff was complaining that the current method of taking a percentage of revenues was unfair. He decided to try to allocate utilities based on square footage of each department, administration based on direct costs, and laboratory based on tests. Use the information in the chart below to answer problems 1, 2, and 3.
Square Footage DirectExpenses Lab TestsUtilities $200,000Administration 2,000 500,000Laboratory 2,000 625,000Day-op Suite 3,000 1,400,000 4,000Cystoscopy 1,500 300,000 500Endoscopy 1,500 600,000 500Total 10,000 $ 3,375,000 5,000
1. What are the Day Op Suite’s total expenses?
2. What are the Cystoscopy Department’s total expenses?
3. What are the Endoscopy Department’s total expenses?
Use the following information for questions 4, 5, and 6.
Your hospital has been approached by a major HMO to perform all their MS-DRG 470 cases (major joint procedures). They have offered a flat price of $10,000 per case. You have reviewed your charges for MS-DRG 470 during the last year and found the following profile:
Average Charge $15,000Average LOS 5 DaysCost/Charge Variable Cost %Routine Charge $3,600 0.80 60
Operating Room 2,657 0.80 80Anesthesiology 293 0.80 80Lab 1,035 0.70 30Radiology 345 0.75 50Medical Supplies 4,524 0.50 90Pharmacy 1,230 0.50 90Other Ancillary 1,316 0.80 60Total Ancillary $11,400 0.75 50
4. In the above data set, assume that the hospital’s cost to charge ratio is 0.80 for routine services and 0.75 for all other ancillary services. Using this information, what would the average cost of MS-DRG 470 be?
5. Estimate the variable cost per MS-DRG 470 using the departmental cost/charge ratios and variable cost percentages.
6. The HMO in the above example has indicated that their doctors use less expensive joint implants. If this less expensive implant is used, your medical supply charges would be reduced by $2,000. What is the estimated reduction in variable cost?
The post David Jones, the new administrator for a surgical clinic, was trying to determine how to allocate his indirect expenses. appeared first on cheapcustomwriters.com.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.