- Your good friends have just adopted a four-year-old child. At this point, the only socialization decision they have made is that the child is going to preschool. You are the expert, and they have come to you for advice and to devise a plan to raise their child. They ask you to be frank with them and give them specific examples to support your opinions. They are determined to raise this child to the best of their ability. Since they are new parents, they need advice on everything!
The summative assignment is to develop a user-friendly PowerPoint book of suggestions. The book will demonstrate your understanding of the material by applying the major topics discussed in the course to a real situation.
The Final Project must include:
- Title Slide (one slide).
- Introduction of the material for the new adoptive parents (one to two slides).
- At least 12 slides summarizing each of the items listed below (one to two slides for each item).
- An image that represents each item.
- Conclusion slide that clearly explains why the parents should review this material (one to two slides).
- Reference slide with at least three scholarly resources and the course text all properly cited (one slide).
Writing the Final Project
- Summarize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model and describe why it is important for them to be aware of this theory (one to two slides).
- Suggest and explain a parenting style/philosophy (authoritarian, authoritative, or permissive) that you believe will be most beneficial for the child and the family (one to two slides).
- Explain which childcare (Nanny, Center-based ,or Family-based care) option (before/during/after preschool) you think is best for the child and why (one to two slides).
- Share specific suggestions, at least two to implement safe technology use in the home. Explain how the media can (both positively and negatively) influence the child (one to two slides).
- Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude (one to two slides).
- Differentiate between the importance of socialization that occurs in the home and at school. Explain the importance of both (separate) venues being a positive haven for the child (one to two slides).
- Explain the importance of the teacher’s role in the child’s life. Give examples of how the school and the teacher will affect the child’s socialization (one to two slides).
- Share the importance of positive peer interactions. Give two examples for parents to implement at home to foster friendships (one to two slides).
The PowerPoint presentation must include a minimum of 12 slides. Students are encouraged to creatively address the material and include graphics, visuals, charts, graphs, and/or sound. Slides should be designed to clearly and concisely address the material. The PowerPoint presentation must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Include a title slide, reference slide, and citations within the slides when appropriate. Students must use at least three scholarly sources and the course text. The Final Project will contribute to 20% of the course grade. In addition to submitting your presentation for grading, you can share your presentation with your classmates by posting it in the Doc Sharing tool.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude (one to two slides). appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude (one to two slides). was first posted on August 24, 2019 at 1:33 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude (one to two slides). was first posted on August 24, 2019 at 1:34 pm.