Read all four articles listed for this week. As you are reading, gather information about key factors that influence children’s adjustment following parental divorce. This will help you create your list of Divorce Vows: parental promises to dissolve a marriage with sensitivity and respect.
Part 1: Divorce Vows
- Provide a brief explanation of the concept of divorce vows including the purpose and desired goal(s)
- Create a set of 10-15 Divorce Vows that commit to positive co-parenting
Part 2: Summary
In support of the vows you created, include the following points in a 750-1,000-word summary:
- Common problems leading to family dissolution and/or divorce
- The negative impact of parental discord on children including ways to mitigate the impact and foster resilience
- How vows may differ for nontraditional families such as unmarried couples with children, gay couples, and military families
- How families might transition to living in separate households. For example, grandparents take on a more active role or a child living in the same household with extended family members.
- Any cultural aspects that should be considered
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 5.F.3.b. Fostering family wellness.
Read “Relationship-Specific Investments, Family Chaos, and Cohabitation Dissolution Following a Nonmarital Birth,” by Kamp Dush, from Family Relations: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Applied Family Studies (2011).
Read “Mothers, Fathers, Families, and Circumstances: Factors Affecting Children’s Adjustment,” by Lamb, from Applied Developmental Science (2012).
Read “Mediation and Moderation of Divorce Effects on Children’s Behavior Problems,” by Weaver & Schofield, from Journal of Family Psychology (2015).
Read “The Chameleon Child: Children as Actors in the High Conflict Divorce Drama,” by Garber, from Journal of Child Custody (2014).
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post divorce vows and summary appeared first on Top Premier Essays.