- Summarize the common themes in biology and explain how each of those themes helps us understand life.
- Use an example to outline the process by which science is discovered, such as the example in the lecture video. State the observation(s), hypothesis(es), prediction(s), experiment(s), and possible outcomes. Do not use the same example as in the lecture video.
- Darwin was not the first one to propose that living organisms evolve. What Charles Darwin did was to propose a mechanism that explains how evolution occurs, which he called Natural Selection. In less than 200 words, summarize what Natural Selection is.
- Both, cellulose and starch are composed of many glucose molecules joined together in long chains. A) Indicate what type of biomolecules these are, identify the monomer and the polymer. B) Us, humans, we can digest starch but not cellulose. Why canâ€t we digest cellulose if itâ€s composed of glucose just like starch? Explain, making a connection between structure and function of biomolecules.
- Some fats, like oil, are liquid at room temperature, while others, such as butter, are solid. A) Explain how the structure of these molecules determines whether they are liquid or solid. B) Somethings, such as sugar, easily dissolve in water while others, like oils, donâ€t dissolve in water. What aspect of the moleculeâ€s structure determine whether it dissolves in water or not?
- Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disorder caused by different types of mutations, many of which prevent ions from moving across cell membranes. Normally there are channel proteins that allow passage of the ions, but in patients with one kind of CF these proteins seem odd. Closer examination shows that these proteins display the correct amino acid sequence. However, they fail to do their job. A) Given that the primary structure of the protein is correct, what can you infer about the DNA sequence of this patient, is there a mutation? Explain. B) Why is the primary structure insufficient to guarantee the proper function of the protein?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post general biology bsc2010 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.