I’m doing a Health Care Marketing Business Plan Project. The 1st step to this plan was the Health Care Organization Selection which is already completed.
I had to select a Not-for-profit or For-profit Health Care Organization for this Business Plan. The chosen health care organization will either market a new product or service to a specific target market.
United Health Group Incorporated is the healthcare organization I selected to use for my project. It is an American profit-making healthcare organization situated in Minnetonka, Minnesota. I’ve chosen to market Dialysis Centers. (I will attach this assignment, so you’ll have the information needed to revise, and finish the 5 phases for this project).
This plan will include 5 phases which will be broken up. The phases are:
Phase 1: Executive Summary
Phase 2: Company Profile & Industry Overview
Phase 3: Service Overview, Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix
Phase 4: Service Delivery Plan and Human Resources Plan
Phase 5: Financial Statement and Balance Sheets
However, we are on phase 2 of this project which is the Company Profile & Industry Overview…
I. Company Profile
This is an overview of your organization including who is involved and the scope of what the company does.
• Type of Organization
• Name of Organization
• Hours of Operation
• Scope of Service Line
• Clients Served
• Location of clinics/services
• Description of Business
II. Industry Overview
• this is an analysis of the industry and economy in which the organization operates
• it demonstrated a current understanding of industry characteristics and trends
• a trend is a definite, predictable direction of events
• Conduct this type of research using secondary data sources See the below areas that should be covered in the industry overview and the chapters where you can review the subjects:
Overall Business or Client Trends and Opportunities
1. Social changes – Chapter 3
2. Economic reimbursement changes – Chapter 3
3. Demographic changes – Chapter 3
4. Health care delivery changes – Chapter 3
5. Regulatory/political changes – Chapter 3
6. Key success factors in your segment of the industry – Chapter 3
7. Barriers to entry in your segment of the industry – Chapter 2
8. Barriers to exist in your segment of the industry – Chapter 2
Use of References
Textbook: Essentials of Health Care Marketing 9781284094312 Eric N. Berkowitz Jones & Bartlett Publishers
The refence for that textbook is:
Berkowitz, E. N. (2017). Essentials of health care marketing.