Course : Policy, Legal Ethics and Compliance
Please use above Course title for Answer each these questions in a paragraph with at least 3 sentences: Include the question and number your responses accordingly. Provide a citation for each answer.
1. What kind of speech was the First Amendment written to protect?
2. Does the First Amendment apply only to spoken words?
3. What does it mean that laws regulating speech must be content neutral?
4. Why are common carriers prohibited from controlling the content of the material they carry?
5. How does the Supreme Court determine whether material is obscene?
6. Why have attempts to censor the Internet failed in the US?
7. Why not just ban spam?
8. Why did Facebook ban Alex Jones and Louis Farrakan?
9. Should websites that show how to 3d print guns be banned?
10. According to the Supreme Court ‘anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority’. What does that mean?
1. What is privacy?
2. What risks, if any, does facial recognition software raise?
3. How much information about you can be found on-line with a simple google search?
4. How much information about you can be found by searching government and commercial databases?
5. Describe informed consent.
6. Should secondary use of consumer provided data be available without notice to the consumer?
7. How do data mining and predictive analytics work?
8. Watch this Science Friday video by Ira Flatow. And, offer your opinion – Are advancing algorithms taking our free will?
9. Should Facebook be regulated, at least as far as it’s privacy and data policies?
10. How many public cameras is too many?