Nursing is a practice discipline that includes direct and indirect care activities that affect health outcomes. As a baccalaureate nursing student, you are developing new competencies in leadership, and in order to achieve mastery, you must apply those competencies to live practice experiences and situations. This Leadership Learning Experience (LLE) is designed to allow you to choose a clinical focus (e.g., practice, policy, education, population) in which you apply your leadership problem–solving skills. The LLE requires engagement with other people within the setting to complete.
You will develop a project within a practice setting that allows you to develop these leadership skills. You will identify a problem area in a practice setting that you specifically want to address (e.g., practice, policy, population, education) that aligns with organizational priorities. Example sources for the problem area may include the following:
• Practice: joint commission standards, core measures as quality indicators, other, data, hospital organizational procedures, evidence-based practices (EBP), quality indicators (QI), meeting Joint Commission standards,
• Policy: legislation, staffing ratio, regulations from state boards, rule development, high-level professional nursing organizations, legislation or testimony related to a nursing practice,
• Population: children with diabetes, adult obesity, disaster response plan
epidemic (e.g., pertussis, West Nile), a particular patient demographic
• Education: future of nursing, Benner’s recommendations about nursing education, process or policy development, patient education, peer education, continuing education and professional development, Benner’s recommendations regarding nursing education
I choose patient education after inpatient rehab.
You will focus on a real-life solution for the problem. You should choose a topic that is timely, manageable, and realistic to the current healthcare environment. An external resource person (i.e., manager, clinical leader, clinical educator, policy expert, or population expert) must confirm the relevance of the selected project and your engagement in the setting as part of project completion. As with all projects, you should think how you, as a nurse, function in the following roles: detective, scientist, and manager of the healing environment.
Note: Your submission may be in a variety of formats (e.g., report, multimedia presentation).
A. Develop a written proposal by doing the following:
1. Identify a problem or issue related to practice, policy, population, or education that aligns with the organizational priorities you seek to solve.
a. Explain the problem or issue, including why it is applicable to the area of practice you chose and the healthcare environment.
2. Discuss your investigation of the problem or issue.
a. Provide evidence to substantiate the problem or issue (e.g., organizational assessment, national source documents, evidence from a stakeholder).
3. Analyze the state of the situation using current data.
a. Analyze areas that might be contributing to the problem or issue.
4. Propose a solution or innovation for the problem or issue.
a. Justify your proposed solution or innovation based on the results of your investigation and analysis.
5. Recommend resources to implement your proposed solution or innovation. Include a cost-benefit analysis of your proposed solution or innovation.
6. Provide a timeline for implementation based on your proposal.
7. Discuss why each key stakeholder or partner is important for the implementation of the solution or innovation.
a. Summarize your engagement with the key stakeholders or partners, including the input and feedback you received.
b. Discuss how you intend to work with those key stakeholders or partners in order to achieve success.
8. Discuss how your proposed solution or innovation could be implemented, including how the implementation could be evaluated for success.
B. Explain how you fulfilled the following roles during your process of investigation and proposal development:
3. manager of the healing environment
D. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
The post Leadership and Professional Image appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.