Chamberlain College of NursingNR451: RN Capstone Course
Capstone Project Milestone 2:
Design for Change Proposal Guidelines
You are to create a Design for Change proposal inclusive of your Practice Issue and Evidence Summary worksheet from your Capstone Project Milestone #1. Your plan is to convince your management team of a nursing problem you have uncovered and you feel is significant enough to change the way something is currently practiced. In the event you are not currently working as a nurse, please use a hypothetical clinical situation you experienced in nursing school, or nursing education issue you identified in your nursing program.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
• CO1: Applies the theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to individuals, families, aggregates, and communities from entry to the healthcare system through long-term planning. (PO #1)
• CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO #2)
Milestone 2 consists of the proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Submit this assignment to the Dropbox by the end of Week 4.
Milestone 2 is worth 225 points.
1. Create a proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Open theNR451_Milestone2_Design_Proposal_template in Course Resources to create your paper. You will include the information from Milestone 1, your practice issue and evidence summary worksheets, as you compose this proposal. Your plan is to convince your management team of a practice problem you have uncovered that is significant enough to change current practice.
2. The format for this proposal will be a paper following the Publication manual of APA 6thedition.
3. The paper is to be four- to six-pages excluding the Title page and Reference page.
4. As you organize your information and evidence, include the following topics.
a. Introduction: Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).Introduce the reader to the plan with evidence-based problem identification and solution.
b. Change Model Overview: Overview of ACE Star model; define the scope of the EBP; identify the stakeholders, and determine the responsibility of the team members.
c. Evidence: Conduct internal and external searches of evidence; integrate and summarize the evidence summary worksheet from Milestone 1; develop a recommendation for change.
d. Translation: develop a hypothetical action plan; include measurable outcomes, reporting to stakeholders; identify next steps and disseminate the findings.
e. Conclusion: Provide a clear and concise summary, inclusive of the problem issue, the five points of the ACE Star change model; and ways to maintain the change plan.
5. Citations and References must be includedto support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. In-text citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means using peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
6. Tables and Figures may be added as appropriate to the project. They should be embedded within the body of the paper (see your APA manual for how to format and cite). Creating tables and figures offers visual aids to the reader and enhances understanding of your literature review and design for change.
Grading Criteria: Design for Change Capstone Project
Grading Rubric: Capstone Project Milestone #2
Running head: TYPE SHORT TITLE IN ALL CAPS1
Chamberlain College of Nursing
NR451 RN Capstone Course
Term and Year
TYPE SHORT TITLE IN ALL CAPS2
Your title here
This paragraph(s) is to introduce the paper. State the problem and potential solutions backed by evidence. Briefly, introduce the nursing focused plan. Remember this is a scholarly APA assignment so you cannot use first person. Remember also that you will keep all the bolded headings and just remove the non-bolded content when you start your paper.
Change Model Overview
In this first paragraph, provide an overview of the ACE Star model Evidence-Based Practice Process. Feel free to state why nurses should use this model as a guide to facilitate change. Under each of the second level headers listed below, you now link your identified topic to the ACE Star model EBP Process.
Define the Scope of the EBP
Restate your practice issue. Why is this a problem? Give statistics and information to back the scope of the problem at your facility/work area. How does this problem impact healthcare on a broader scale?
You will be the leader of the team since this is your project. Who will you also include in your team? Make sure you choose relevant stakeholders. You should have no more than eight members. Do not list your team members by name but instead by position (pharmacists, charge nurse, etc.).
Determine Responsibility of Team Members
Why are the members chosen important to your project?What are their roles?
Conduct internal/ external search for evidence. What type of evidence did you find in addition to you Evidence Summary? EBP guidelines? Quality improvement data? Position statements? Clinical Practice Guidelines? Briefly discuss the strength of this research. This is not where you describe the results of your studies. This is done in the following steps.
Summarize the Evidence
In this section, you need to synthesize the information from the systematic review article. What are some of the evidence-based interventions you discovered in your Evidence Summary that do you plan to use? Be sure and cite all of your references, in proper APA format, from any and all articles into this one paragraph.
Develop Recommendations for Change Based on Evidence
What is your recommendation based on the research? Ideally, you will have found enough support in your evidence to proceed with implementing your pilot program.
You have not implemented your project yet, therefore, this section will be hypothetical. Develop your plan for implementation. What are the specific steps you will take to implement your pilot study? What is the timeline for your plan? Make sure you include a plan for evaluation of outcomes and method to report the results.
Process, Outcomes Evaluation and Reporting
What are the desired outcomes? How will they be measured? How will you report the results to the key stakeholders?
Identify Next Steps
How will you implement the plan on a larger scale? Will this be applicable to other units or the facility as a whole? What will you do to ensure that the implementation becomes permanent?
How will you communicate your findings internally (within your organization) and externally (to others outside of your organization)?
Provide a clear and concise summary. Review the key aspects of the problem as well as the change model. Be sure to include important aspects of the five points of the ACE Star change model EBP process and ways to maintain the change plan.
The post provide an overview of the ACE Star model Evidence-Based Practice Process appeared first on assignmenthub.org.