Test Review: Cognitive Abilities
Complete a 4-5 page test review on an assessment instrument designed to measure cognitive abilities, achievement, or intelligence. The following provides an outline of a test review:
- General Features: Includes title, author, publisher, date published, age ranges and other relevant demographics for the individuals it is used for, and time required for administration.
- Description of Test: Includes what the test attempts to measure, who the test is intended to be used with (i.e. age range, and other factors specific to that standardized instrument), basic principles and/or theories upon which the test is based, and any other special characteristics of the test.
- Psychometric Properties: Includes reliability (test-retest, internal consistency, etc.), validity (content, criterion, construct), normative data (standardization group demographic characteristics), and scores (overall test/composite scores available, averages, and their ranges).
- Discussion of Items: Since you will not have access to the actual test manuals themselves, this area should include a general overview of the behaviors or thoughts sampled (depression, anxiety, verbal comprehension, mathematical reasoning, etc.), how it is administered, overview of test items (e.g., format and types), and ease and nature of scoring (are the items scored objectively or subjectively).
- Issues/Concerns: Describe any ethical, legal, or other issues related to the test administration, scoring, or usage of results. Identify and explain any demographic categories that may be correlates to the ability tested. Remember to include information on possible bias!
- Summary: Includes strengths, weaknesses, and a general evaluation of the test.
This must be on different for the one that you selected for your Discussion Question responses. Information for the test review can be found in various ways, including the test publisher’s website, journal articles from research search engines (ProQuest, Psych. Info, etc.), and articles or presentations found online. The recommended readings for this week include resources that might be useful in finding test information. The textbook also has some information on the various types of instruments. Be sure to cite all sources appropriately and include a title and references page. The paper should be in APA format.
NEW Assignment Type: Please click here to review instructions on how to submit your assignment. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Content CriteriaTotal: 6 Points
General features of test are listed – includes title, author, publisher, date published, age ranges, demographics, and time required.
Description of test is provided – includes what test attempts to measure, who test is intended to be used with, and other special characteristics of test.
Psychometric properties are listed – includes reliability, validity, normative data, and scores.
Discussion of items is provided – includes overview of focus, administration, test items, and scoring.
Issues/concerns are described – includes ethic, legal, or other issues, and identifies any correlates to the ability tested.
Summary is provided –includes strengths, weaknesses, and general evaluation of test.
Writing and Organization CriteriaTotal: 2 Points
The central theme/purpose of the paper is clear.
The structure is clear, logical, and easy to follow.
The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment.
The thoughts are clear and include appropriate beginning, development, and conclusion.
Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
Sentences are well constructed, with consistently strong, varied sentences.
Sentence transitions are present and maintain the flow of thought.
Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
The paper uses words and language that are inclusive, clear, and unambiguous.
Spelling is correct.
Research CriteriaTotal: 2 Points
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Psychometric properties are listed – includes reliability, validity, normative data, and scores. appeared first on Top Premier Essays.