Assignment 2: Analyzing the Policy
Due Week 6 and worth 175 points
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1.Write a one-page summary of the policy, including the purpose, the context of the problem, and any recommendations or suggestions from the policy to address the problem. (Use your summary skills to keep this to one page.)
2.Explain who all the players are – official and unofficial, and interest groups – involved with your policy.
3.Describe the role and function of each of the players you identified.
4.Of the list of players you identified, pick two (2) and describe the political influence of each player, explaining motives, conflicts, interrelationships, and impacts on the policy.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as peer-reviewed.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length. The assignment one revisions are not included in the page length requirements.
Week 6 Discussion 1
“Agenda Setting” Please respond to the following:
- Identify an official actor, an unofficial actor, and an interest group; then, analyze how power will affect agenda setting for a particular policy of your choice. Discuss how much power each needs to set the agenda and give an example to support your response.
- Explain what role the media might play in overcoming the “second face of power.” Why does Birkland compare the third face to Marxist “False Consciousness”?
Week 6 Discussion 2
“Lobbying” Please respond to the following:
- Using the e-Activity, students will respond to the following. Interest groups attempt to lobby their community, state, and federal policy makers in hopes of advocating their position. Using your interest group from Week 5 e-Activity, speculate how successful the special interest is based on the amount of money invested in lobbying and how much money per year that interest group spends lobbying (either federal, state, or both) for its cause or position.
- Discuss your position of lobbying for your interest group to implement or change a particular policy.
Week 6 e-Activity
- Review how lobbying influences policy at http://lobbyingdisclosure.house.gov/. Be prepared to discuss.
- Visit The White House Briefing Room to read the “FACT SHEET: The President’s Framework for Shared Prosperity and Shared Fiscal Responsibility” dated April 13, 2011 at http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/04/13/fact-sheet-presidents-framework-shared-prosperity-and-shared-fiscal-resp. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 5 e-Activity
- Search the Internet for interest groups on an issue of importance to you. One way to make sure you get interest groups is to ask Google to search only sites that end in org. For example, if you were interested in endangered species, you would enter into Google this search: endangered species site: .org. Be prepared to discuss.
- Research the internet for Anti-Bullying policy and be prepared to discuss.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Public Policy and Analysis, business and finance homework help appeared first on Nursing Experts Help.