By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe theoretical ideas of power and identity in relation to social norms and values.
- Compare differences between majority and minority groups, and groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and social class.
- Apply major sociological perspectives.
- Competency 2: Identify historical and contemporary influences of discrimination in American culture.
- Recognize historical experiences of discrimination.
- Differentiate the varied experience of different social groups.
- Competency 5: Apply diversity strategies in professional, educational, and personal contexts.
- Recognize opportunities where diversity is needed to address social problems.
- Employ strategies to respect cultural differences in personal interactions.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- State and support a clear central idea in a coherently organized document.
- Use the accepted form and style of the field.
- Follow conventional rules for style, format, grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Respect the dignity, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and individuality of other people.
For this assignment, you will reflect on a particular aspect of diversity and connect your reflection to ideas and issues we have covered in this course. Choose one of the following topics for your reflection essay:
- Discuss a time when you felt like an outsider in a particular social setting, whether in the workplace, at school, amongst a group of friends, et cetera. Describe what that experience was like, how it affected you, and what you learned.
- Discuss a time when you noticed someone being excluded, discriminated against, or otherwise neglected or treated unfairly in a particular social setting. Describe that experience, how you reacted, and what you learned.
- Explain how your own life has been shaped by one or more of the categories of diversity we are discussing in this course: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or social class.
In your essay, connect your personal experiences to at least three concepts, issues, themes, or theories from the course readings. Highlight these concepts, issues, or theories in boldface. For example, if you are writing about what if feels like to be an outsider, you could connect your discussion to the concept of power or social structure, or the broader issue of relationships between dominant-minority groups. Based on what you learned from the experience you choose, share personal strategies that are useful for improving interactions or relationships between social groups.
Your essay should be 2–3 pages, with a title and reference page. Cite the course material in the body of your essay when you refer to concepts from the reading, and include full citations of the readings you refer to in the reference list. Check to be sure your citations and paper are formatted according to APA rules.
- Reflect on an experience related to diversity.
- Connect your personal experience to concepts, issues, themes, or theories addressed in the course.
- Discuss what lessons can be learned from your experiences, and share personal strategies for improving interactions or relationships between diverse social groups.
- Refer to and cite the course material in correct APA format.
- Ensure the paper length is 2–3 pages.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Reflections on diversity, law homework help appeared first on Nursing Experts Help.