Research involves collecting information or data. But the process does not stop there. In order for the data to have meaning, they need to be analyzed. This is often done by the use of statistical procedures. While some statistical procedures are extremely complex, some of the most useful are actually quite simple. In this activity, we will look at some data collected from intelligence testing and use some simple descriptive statistics to analyze it.
While completing this exercise think about the following:
- What are the common measures of central tendency and how are they found or calculated?
- What are the common measures of variation and how are they found or calculated?
You will submit a total of 10 answers for this assignment. Assume that the following is a list of scores obtained on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS). For this assignment, you are to find or calculate each of the items requested and answer each of the questions that follow.
Using the data set given below, find or calculate each of the following:
- The mean (average)
- The median
- The mode
- The Minimum range
- The Maximum range
You may use the accompanying graph to answer the following questions:
Normal Curve [PDF File size, 27KB]
6. Is the mean IQ score for this group within the normal range of intelligence?
7. Does the median of this group match that of the Normal Distribution?
8. Which score (use letter) indicates the possibility of intellectual disability?
9. Which score (use letter) is between 1 and 2 standard deviations above the mean of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale?
10. A test that gives consistent results time after is said to be?
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Research involves collecting information or data. But the process does not stop there. In order for the data to have meaning, they need to be analyzed. This is often done by the use of statistical pro appeared first on Psychology Homework.