Todaro, M. P., & Smith, S. C. (2015). Economic development (12th ed.). Boston: Pearson/Addison Wesley. ISBN 9780133406788
Your response to each of the five questions should be approximately 150 words.
(writer can answer less than 150 words)
1. What reasons do Todaro and Smith offer for the technological stagnation of peasant agriculture?
2. Briefly state the economic and noneconomic arguments in favour of land reform in Latin America and the Caribbean.
3. What is comprehensive, or integrated, rural development?
4. a. What are the main arguments of the trade optimists? Is this position supported by the data?
b. Why did import-substituting industrialization fail so often?
5. Explain how South Korea combined an active industrial policy with export promotion.