Begin to develop a plan to pass the Certification Exam FOR A FAMILY NURSE PRACTIONER. Compare your home state’s laws in regards to Advanced Practice Nursing Practice to an alternate state with a less or more restrictive practice environment.
- Consider the differences in certification exams options for your specialty
- Reflect on how to approach relocating licensure from one state to another
Write a 3 page paper which summarizes the following:
- Identify the certification exam you selected and explain why: The two organizations that administer tests to examinee nurses seeking certification as NP are American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and American Association of Nurse Practitioner (AANP) which allow individual to choose out of the two agencies. I AM GOING TO DO THE AANP
- Outline your plan for passing the appropriate National Certification Exam
- Describe the NP Practice environment for your home state (TEXAS) highlighting restrictions or limitations for practice
- Describe 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses you think are significant to your preparation to pass your certification exam and develop a study plan for addressing the areas of weakness