Explore one of the agencies for quality improvement listed in this module’s lecture. Write a one-page summary of what the agency does, who it affects, and how it is utilized.
Agencies for Health Care Quality
There are many agencies that assist hospitals in becoming expert in using continuous quality improvement. Key organizations include:
- The Institute of Medicine,
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality,
- The National Quality Forum,
- The Joint Commission,
- The Magnet Recognition Program,
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement,
- and, of course, the nursing student’s friend, Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN).